Defense Electronics Buyer-Planner
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Defense Electronics Buyer-Planner
Title:Defense Electronics Buyer/Planner
The Buyer / Planner will be responsible for all materials planning and Purchasing activities for assigned products and/or Manufacturing work cells to meet the guidelines established by the Master Schedule. Purchase a wide variety of nonstandard, specialized and custom equipment and materials requiring knowledge of electronic and/or mechanical product specifications and sources of supply.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provides input to management for financial budgets for assigned programs on a monthly basis.
- Works under the direction of a manager to adjust deliveries in order to maximize cash flow.
- Under general supervision, works on “developmental” and “transition to production” programs.
- With the guidance of more senior level staff, determines supplier capabilities and works with multiple suppliers to establish a competitive environment.
- Visits key program suppliers – with support, evaluates capacity or capabilities. Utilizing knowledge of ethics, knows when to question supplier requests.
- Has basic understanding of how ERP works and the interaction with BaaN modules.
- Releases discreet jobs and requisitions, manages most exceptions, and uses pegging to identify and correct problems from the ERP workbench.
- Releases orders to suppliers with more discreet scheduling than suggested to optimize inventory levels. Capable of setting up Kanbans with assistance.
- Prioritizes items thru inspection. Coordinates resources to expedite competing priorities.
- Works with suppliers to implement a previously defined inventory replenishment strategy.
- Utilize knowledge of Lean to apply continuous improvement to daily activities.
- Able to effectively interact with team members. Can create written and verbal reports and may deliver presentations with some management involvement. Communicates internal problems or issues to managers.
- With guidance from Management, reviews data and understands how the information affects program success.
- Cooperates with coworkers and helps team leader meet goals. Shares information and ideas with the team. Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities.
- Sends out quote packages.
- Groups like items for negotiations.
- Attends CCB if supporting a program. Can disposition most ECOs without assistance.
- May train lower level Buyer Planners on routine tasks.
- Completes scheduled basic status reporting and notifies management of any issues that may impact customer delivery or quality.
- Possesses some familiarity with regulatory requirements (RoHs, Reach, FAA, FDA, FAR/DFAR, ITAR) that directly affect their program.
- Knowledgeable on FMF guidelines and FMF proposal processes, FAR, TINA regulations
- With assistance, performs basic price analysis and conduct price negotiations
- Works with internal customer to establish delivery schedule; leads weekly intercompany review meetings.
- Contacts supplier to request RMA and checks for export license, as required.
- Actively participates in MRB meetings.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- FMF/FAR/DFAR strong working knowledge
- Aerospace, Military or similar industry
- Requires an understanding of:
- Military specification
- Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Commodity Management Experience
- Electronic Component and/or Assembly Experience
- Demonstrate electronic/mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of fixed pricing agreements and vendor managed inventory
- Knowledge of RFP/RFQ, LTA, Procurement Negotiations, Proposal Processes
- Wire Processing Machine Operator in Brooklyn Park MN
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Quality Tech in Norcross GA
- Quality Inspector in Manchester NH
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- QA Engineer in Manchester NH
- MFG - process Engineer Automation Test Tech QA Engineer Material Planner in Manchester NH
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- FPGA Designer - Firmware Development Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector in Merrimack NH
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Quality Engineer in Laconia NH
- AP- AR Specialist in Boylston MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- SMT Operator in Norcross GA
- Sales Administrative Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- Lean-FEM Coordinator in Doraville GA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- CAD Drafter in Ball Ground GA
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Assembly Test Tech in Marlborough MA
- RMA Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Product Design Engineer in Milford NH
- Process Engineer- Metallurgist in Milford NH
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN
- Warehouse - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Modular Assembly - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Fabrication - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Manufacturing Tech (Entry Level) in Ayer MA
- Office Manager in Huntsville AL
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Norcross GA
- Digital Product Manager in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Representative in Leominister MA
- Electrical Engineer in Lowell MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Woodbury MN
- QC Inspector in Manchester NH
- Pallet Builder in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA
- Lead Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Office Manager in Lexington MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Hoschton GA
- Microdeburer in Milford MA
- Machine Operator in Hoschton GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Lowell MA
- Maintenance Technician in Hoschton GA
- Accounting-Administrative Support in Duluth GA
- Project Coordinator in Minneapolis MN
- Buyer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Assembler in Golden Valley MN
- Technical Recruiter in Suwanee GA
- Quality Coordinator in Mansfield MA
- Tooling Engineer in Newnan GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Burnsville MN
- E&I - Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Process Operator in Franklin MA
- Trade (Import-Export) Specialist in Milford MA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Manufacturing Technician in Burlington MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Industrial Seamstress in Suwanee GA
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Chief Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH