Document Control Specialist
We are in search for a Document Control Specialist in the Westborough, MA. This is a temp - hire position.
This position is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting the documentation control needs of manufacturing engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support change/release process of documentation for Manufacturing Engineers/Production including drawings, bills of material, wire run lists, and work instructions.
- During the change/release process, examine documents to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
- Quality check work against work orders, maintaining high accuracy.
- Under direction, compile, maintain and archive control records and related files to release drawings and other engineering documents to production and other operating departments as requested.
- Confer with document originators and other personnel to resolve any identified discrepancies and compile appropriate changes to documents.
- Post document changes to controlled records, release documents via company change release process, and notify affected individuals and departments of change approvals.
- Provide accurate and efficient document control and data management.
- Fulfills requests for hard and soft copies of controlled documentation.
- Maintain and enter data into the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Prepares and provides Production documentation upon request.
- Performs other Manufacturing Engineering department duties as required.
- Create labels as requested by production work orders using company standard software tools.
- 0-5 years’ experience in documentation control and data management roles.
- Familiarity with use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Some exposure to configuration and use of document management structures/systems, including ERP and EPDM Enterprise Product Data Management (EDMP) systems preferred. Experience with Epicor E10 and SolidWorks EPDM a strong plus.