Our client in Ashland, MA is looking for an Assembler to join their team on 1st shift.
Perform any one of a variety of small bench and/or precision electromechanical assembly, machine operations, as assigned, in the production of a wide range of products, such as fire suppression panels and other miscellaneous assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from route sheets, blueprints, verbal instructions, manufacturing engineering, or other engineering specifications, to perform the required operations paying close attention to quality standards in appearance and function.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed
- Assist in the training of other employees as directed by the lead person or supervisor.
- Within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures, use judgment to plan and perform such duties as soldering, mechanical assembly, riveting, hypoting, function testing, calibrating, and inspection.
- Perform minor set-up operations, monitor output, and adjust as necessary.
- May perform other, at times more difficult, assembly duties where only general methods are available.
- Use standard equipment and hand tools such as screwdrivers, hammers, cutter, formers, riveters, test and calibration equipment, hypots, heat guns, wrenches and various other hand tools to perform required operations.
- May use specialized tools or perform more accurate fitting or adjusting on very intricate assemblies.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to the lead person or supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Follow established company rules and regulations and safety precautions.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed.
- Demonstrated abilities in the following areas:
- Electromechanical assembly
- Ability to read and interpret detailed instructions and procedures (blueprints, route sheets, sales orders, and specifications).
- Radiation and Hand Truck Training
- Lift up to 35 lbs.
- Wrist Movement
- Quick motions