We are currently hiring for a 1st shift EM Technician at our advanced manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA! We strongly encourage entry-level candidates who are interested in training within Assembly to apply.
Hours: 7:00a - 3:30p
Under general supervision and in accordance with Quality Standards, assembles load frames and consoles from engineering drawings and bills of material. Troubleshoots and tests frames to specifications.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembles load frames, consoles, and accessories from assembly drawings and bills of material.
- Uses hand tools such as torque wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, and pneumatic tools.
- Load tests and troubleshoots load frames to specifications. Sets up console, runs a program, or load tests to a fixture; judges’ proper operation from data on recorder. Makes assembly adjustments accordingly.
- Assists test engineers in troubleshooting mechanical problems encountered during systems test to ensure system is working to capacity.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering personnel in releasing new series equipment and solving assembly and design problems.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude and the ability to recognize and use tools normally utilized in the manufacture of heavy electromechanical equipment, i.e., overhead cranes, chains, straps, torque wrenches, indicators, etc.
- Must have good working knowledge of hardware, basic measuring tools, along with the communication skills necessary to properly function in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift to 40 lbs. / packages labels (Minimum two-person lift) will require two individuals for lifting each item or a suitable portable lifting equipment.
- Implement and follow updated safety practices in your direct work cell