Davis is currently looking to fill an EM Assembler with a strong background in a manufacturing setting within the 95 Belt.
This Contract to Hire position is for an Electro-Mechanical assembler in the Custom Products Group. This group is responsible for delivering application and customer specific solutions ranging from a simple adapter to a full custom test machine. Projects are constantly changing so the candidate will work on something new every week. The candidate will build, test, and debug custom electromechanical materials testing systems and accessories. They will work from a variety of complex blueprints, diagrams, and verbal instructions to complete these assemblies while working closely with the designers and engineers who designed the system. Candidate may be required to modify components using common hand and power tools. This is a fast-paced environment and candidate will have to work with minimal supervision on multiple simultaneous projects.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required
- Ability to read blueprints, general knowledge of machine shop practices, and ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated and technical details.
- Ability to use hand tools including wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, cordless drill, volt meter, soldering iron, etc.
- Good organizational skills and ability manage multiple simultaneous projects across different disciplines
- Good communication skills to interact with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Management.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs are necessary and work extended periods on their feet
- Ability to operate crane, fork trucks, and other material handling equipment.
- High School Diploma of GED (Required)