Our client is looking for an expeditor/jr buyer to join their team!
We are looking for an individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills (vendor and internal), strong time management skills and a commitment to ensuring on-time vendor delivery to meet weekly customer shipments.
- Prepares and reports on part availability for customer orders, including participating
- weekly meetings to update status of parts, especially part shortages
- Performs strategic analysis (internal constraints, external risks, cost analysis, and understanding of strategic levers, analysis of the supplier market).
- Notify project engineers and management of late parts
- Maintains contact with suppliers to ensure materials and services which are potentially late, are expedited to arrive on time and to the quality standards to meet production schedule objectives.
- Resolve issues that may arise with receipt of material
- Participates in purchasing of supplies and parts (25% of time)
- Carries out necessary follow-up and expediting activities to ensure delivery commitments are maintained
- Handles adjustments with vendors involving replacement of materials not conforming to purchase specifications, return of material declared surplus as a result of engineering changes, cancellations of orders, etc.
- Monitors excess, slow moving and obsolete inventory and recommend disposition on a timely basis to ensure targets are achieved.
- Publish monthly metrics to Sourcing and Supply Chain on Vendor time performance along with root cause / corrective action progress.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Travel - Local travel to visit vendors as necessary, less than 5%
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with computers including: Word, Excel, Outlook, internet-based programs, and inventory management systems
- Flexibility to receive, analyze, and act upon feedback from internal and external customers with an eye towards continuous improvement
- Must be analytical and detail oriented.
- Must be capable of dealing with multiple priorities
- Must be able to work within a team environment of different opinions, ideals and solutions and provide clear direction to reach alignment of all stakeholders.
- Understanding of electronics preferred, not required
- 2-4 years of sourcing / buying experience or material expediting experience.
- Commodity knowledge in machining or electrical components preferred.