Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician will provide technical support to customers via phone, site visits and written communications.
- Provide customers with technical support for installation, repair and troubleshooting of machines, motors, brakes, drives and controllers, and other electromechanical components
- Troubleshoot, install and repair components at customer sites and central facility
- Create, complete and document procedures above
- Organize, track, and analyze all activities, and maintain the field service database
- Work with the field support team to prioritize and efficiently execute tasks
- Complete root cause analysis; drive product improvement and process efficiency
- Coordinate with factory and vendor technical support to efficiently resolve customers’ problems
- Build professional relationships with customers and their field staff
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Related experience preferred: as a mechanic or service technician maintaining/rebuilding machines, gearboxes, other electromechanical components, using dial indicators
- Related experience preferred: troubleshooting/repair of AC/DC motors using multimeter, meggar, basic electrical schematics
- Great interpersonal skills – Displays honesty, ethics and integrity at all times
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including professionalism and positive attitude
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office and Windows OS including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, popular web browsers and search engines, and Windows Explorer; SAP experience desired
- Must have prompt and regular attendance, a sense of urgency, self-motivation and discipline, the ability to develop a rapport, and be a team player
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time
- Minimum of 40 hours per week
- Must maintain a valid passport
At Torin Drive International, Inc. we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package, opportunities for advancement and a positive work environment that recognizes initiative and enables personal growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Torin Drive is the largest elevator traction machine manufacturer in the world. Torin Drive International is the U.S. headquarters for distribution, technical support and engineering. Our products are focused on high performance elevator applications. We are continuously looking for positive, energetic, passionate people to join our team.
Call Ramey @ 901-209-0805 for more information, OR email your resume's to email@example.com