The Hone Operator is primarily responsible for the repairing and resurfacing of bearing raceways.
Repairs must be performed in accordance with Quality Control Standards, Engine Repair Manuals, and work order instructions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Perform various repetitive machine set-ups, operations and adjustments.
2. Utilizes stone cutting on special purpose machines to hone inner and outer bearing raceways to very close tolerances and surface finishes
3. Operate surface-analyzer machine to verify finish, straightness and curvature of parts.
4. Works within standard procedure to manually and individually load parts and operate machine cycle
5. Visually inspects own work, re-hone or reject parts and make adjustments as needed
6. Correct or report detected discrepancies to supervisor
7. Record appropriate data as required
8. Support Quality Management and Lean initiatives
9. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor
10. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
11. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
12. Perform other related duties as required or directed
13. Assist in training associates as required
14. Mill Room responsibilities
High School Diploma with 1-2 years of bearing repair experience; or manufacturing/aerospace machining experience.
Basic math skills
Basic computer skills
Experience with various precision inspection tools
Must be in good standing (no written warning within the past 6 months)
Demonstrated effective team-building skills