Laboratory technician/technologist position in the molecular laboratory performing qPCR (Real Time) for Tick-borne diseases. Monday thru Friday work week except for the months of June, July and August when the work week will be Tuesday thru Saturday. Hours for this position are 6am-2:30pm with overtime available.
Experience and Skills:
Must be flexible, adaptable, and multi-task oriented
- Pipetting experience is required
- Must be a highly organized individual
- Must be able to work as a team player
- Previous laboratory experience is required
- Must have good documentation skills
- Must have the ability to follow SOP’s
- Must have strong computer skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical reports.
- Experience in molecular techniques such as nucleic acid extraction, PCR or real time PCR a plus
Bachelors degree in the Science Field
Undergraduate degree in a science related field is required
MT (ASCP), MB or equivalent a plus