Looking for a Lab Assistant in Norwood, MA. Processing and aliquoting samples in a serology laboratory in a fast-paced medical diagnostic laboratory. Work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday from June to September.
Essential Functions of the Lab Assistant:
- Use a variety of scientific techniques in the laboratory, adhering to Good Laboratory Practices, and following SOP’s
- Prepare components for manufacturing for laboratory processing
- Will be required to handle blood-borne pathogens and general laboratory reagents
- Follows all company safety policies and other safety precautions within work area
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
Qualifications of the Lab Assistant:
- Undergraduate degree in a science-related field is required
- Previous laboratory experience preferred
- Must have Pipetting experience
- Flexible, adaptable, and multi-task oriented
- Highly organized and have strong documentation skills
- Team player
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and coworkers. Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.