We are seeking a Maintenance Technician in the Norcross, GA area.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on industrial machinery such as: pneumatics, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests of machine operators.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements of the Maintenance Technician
- Strong mechanical proficiency with regard to industrial machinery. Strong knowledge of hand tools and other standard maintenance items. Roll forming or sheet metal maintenance experience a plus.
- Experience working in a maintenance role within a manufacturing or industrial warehouse on production machinery. General facility maintenance is also required as needed.
- Strong electrical experience. Certifications a plus but not required. Candidate must possess understanding of electrical components or be versed in electric troubleshooting of industrial machinery. Running and supplying power to machinery & troubleshooting existing electrical wiring/components.
- Candidate must possess a valid, state issued driver’s license in order to operate the company truck from time to time as needed. (Parts pick-ups & vendor visits)
- Candidate must possess a willingness to operate in a team environment and learn new skills to develop a better understanding and knowledge base.