Our premier client is looking for a Manufacturing Technician in the Eden Prairie, Minnesota area, this is a full-time direct hire position.
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for testing, troubleshooting, assembling and repairing Analytical Instruments and other mechanical/electrical work as needed.
- Assemble, test, troubleshoot and repair Analytical Instruments including accessories and service parts to establish specifications and test procedures
- Analyzes instrument test data and evaluates performance of the instruments according to established specifications and test procedures. Keeps appropriate data for later analysis.
- Mechanical/electrical work/rework as needed
- Prepares instruments for final shipment, including configuration and pack-up
- Other miscellaneous duties assigned by management
- Uses knowledge of various metalworking techniques such as brazing to assemble instruments and sub-assemblies into leak free assemblies.
- Uses electrical ladder diagrams to interpret and diagnose system problems.
- Use computerized testing equipment to verify the performance of the assembled units.
Knowledge acquired through completion of a two (2) year degree at an accredited post-secondary school in electronics, mechanical, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or other closely related technical field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other experience includes:
- Experience directly related to working with digital and analog circuits
- Knowledge of PC-based instrument control and data analysis
- Ability to think critically and resolve issues and non-routine problems.
- Must be able to work independently