Searching for a Manufacturing Laboratory Technician located in Norwood, MA. This is a Temp to Hire opportunity on 1st shift (M-F, 7:30-4pm with flexibility).
This position is a member of the Manufacturing Team and will play a hands on role in supporting the company’s kitting and inspection process.
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the production of components which includes preparation of kit components and reagents (buffers and serum controls), bottling and vialing components and assembling of kits when applicable. They are also responsible for the incoming inspection of critical, and some non-critical goods as well as outgoing kit inspection and packaging.
Specific deliverable for the role are:
- Daily lab work including the use of micropipettors, balances, pH meters, etc. and aseptic technique
- Organize daily workload schedule with minimal supervision to meet company’s production schedule
- Impeccable adherence to the quality system
- Complete manufacturing documentation using GDP
- Some SOP writing as well as equipment installation and qualification procedures
- B.A./B.S. in a biological field
- Three years of IVD manufacturing lab setting work experience
- Knowledge of ISO 13485, FDA CFR part 21 820’s
- Understanding of NCR’s, CAPA’s and Deviation procedures
- Comprehension of document control in a cGMP or GLP environment
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Windows environment
- Excellent communication skills including written, oral and listening; follows directions well
- Ability to follow scientific SOPs
- Operates as an active member working towards a common goal and in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to be flexible and change tasks throughout the day/week
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and coworkers. Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area and will require the ability to lift up to 20 pounds. Must follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area