Material Handler II
Material Handler II
Our client is currently leading a search for a Material Handler II to join our organization. In this role, the individual will perform basic material handling functions as assigned, contributing to daily requirements in both an individual and team environment. Assist in the receipt, movement, storage and control of materials used to produce and support internal and external customers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Primary duties include performing material transactions both manually and electronically to provide accuracy and control across a broad range of materials.
- Assist and perform receiving and stocking of raw materials.
- Assist and perform internal distribution of incoming materials.
- Assist and perform packaging and distribution of materials for external customers as necessary.
- Participate in ongoing inventory control activities including cycle counting, inventory management and analysis.
- Participate with department support functions in the following areas:
- Implement methods to improve manufacturing processes.
- Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for related processes.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience as a stock picker and utilizing material handling equipment preferred.
- Ability to perform a variety of material handling functions relating to the receipt, movement and storage of a broad range of materials.
- Forklift experience and past licensing beneficial but not required.
- Ability to perform basic manual and electronic transactions related to material movement and control.
- Ability to utilize computers, barcode scanners, scales, manual pallet jacks and material handling equipment.
- Ability to read and comply with documentation and procedures necessary to perform transactions and control of materials.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in both an individual and team environment.
- Ability to work non-standard/additional hours when necessary based on production demands.