Our client in Hopkinton is searching for a Material Handler on 1st shift.
Summary of the Material Handler
Participates in a team environment to manage and perform routine tasks related to the receipt, storage, distribution, issuance, and/or shipping of products, parts and sub-assemblies.
- Completes general warehouse tasks in accordance with defined ISO procedures and/or supervisory and work instructions
- Receives, counts and processes incoming POs using SAP
- Verifies materials released for stockroom through receiving and issue-to-stock processes.
- Assists in daily cycle count activities
- Performs SAP inventory transactions
- Processes sales orders and work orders for shipment (picking, packing & checking)
- Packages orders for issue to stock or shipment using various packaging means
- Adheres to all Federal, State, Local and Company safety and security regulations and policies
- Maintains relationships with incoming and outgoing drivers, carriers, etc.
- Operates mechanical equipment & nbsp;such as forklifts and stock pickers as required
- 6-12 months prior warehouse and/or related work experience
- Basic experience in PC business applications including MS Word and Excel
- Experience/practical working knowledge of inventory control systems and processes
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with clients and company personnel
- Works various shifts and overtime as needed, especially at the end of the quarter
- Stands for long periods of time and frequently lifts 50-75 pounds while performing routine job functions