Our premier client in Ashland, MA is looking to hire a Mechanical Assembler on 1st shift. This is a long term contract on 1st shift.
Perform various duties involving making of subassemblies of containers and attachments, heat treating, sand blasting, painting, cleaning, filling, testing and packaging, following established procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from complex drawings, specifications, charts, route sheets, and written and verbal instructions.
- Assist with training employees as directed.
- Use such equipment as holdup fixtures, hand tools, heat treating oven and cart for spheres, sand blast cabinet, digital weight scales, various testing equipment and fixtures, valves, water, helium, FM-200, HFC-227ea, FE-13, Fe-25, Novec, CO2, Aqua Blue, Argonite, Nitrogen and salt.
- Working with compressed gas, up to 2,900 PSI.
- Perform various operations in making subassemblies and final assemblies of valves and assemblies of various sizes and shapes of containers.
- Heat-treat numerous containers at a time. Set required temperature and time cycle, load oven and monitor periodically.
- Follow established procedures; perform various internal cleaning and leak-testing operations using numerous liquids and gases under varying pressures, some very high.
- Sand blast outer surface of spheres in hooded machine, removing scale. Containers are usually moved on overhead track except in annealing oven.
- Pack or palletize units absed on requirements and shipping instructions.
- Select and make up carton, load finished container, accessories and literature, close and identify contents.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret complex drawings and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed instructions and procedures (blueprints, route sheets, sales orders, etc.).
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands required to perform the essentials of the job (i.e., lift up to 50 lbs., move cylinders via conveyor).
1st shift 6am -2:30pm