Perform various duties involving making of subassemblies of containers and attachments, heat treating, sand blasting, painting, cleaning, filling, testing and packaging, following established procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from complex drawings, specifications, charts, route sheets, and written and verbal instructions.
- Assist with training employees as directed.
- Use such equipment as holdup fixtures, hand tools, heat treating oven and cart for spheres, sand blast cabinet, digital weight scales, various testing equipment and fixtures, valves, water, helium, FM-200, HFC-227ea, FE-13, Fe-25, Novec, CO2, Aqua Blue, Argonite, Nitrogen and salt.
- Working with compressed gas, up to 2,900 PSI.
- Perform various operations in making subassemblies and final assemblies of valves and assemblies of various sizes and shapes of containers.
- Heat-treat numerous containers at a time. Set required temperature and time cycle, load oven and monitor periodically.
- Follow established procedures; perform various internal cleaning and leak-testing operations using numerous liquids and gases under varying pressures, some very high.
- Sand blast outer surface of spheres in hooded machine, removing scale. Containers are usually moved on overhead track except in annealing oven.
- Pack or palletize units absed on requirements and shipping instructions.
- Select and make up carton, load finished container, accessories and literature, close and identify contents.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret complex drawings and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed instructions and procedures (blueprints, route sheets, sales orders, etc.).
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands required to perform the essentials of the job (i.e., lift up to 50 lbs., move cylinders via conveyor).
1st shift 6am -2:30pm