Searching for Mechanical Assemblers located in Ashland, MA Monday – Friday, 1st shift- (6:30AM-2:30PM) This is a long term contract position. Drug & Background screening required.
Qualified candidates should have a mechanical aptitude, ability to follow a blueprint or work instruction, knowledge of basic hand tools, and a great work ethic!
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Assembler:
- Perform various duties involving the making of sub-assemblies of containers and attachments, heat treating, sand blasting, painting, cleaning filling testing and packaging, following established procedures.
- Use such equipment as holdup fixtures, hand tools, heat treating oven and cart for spheres, sand blast cabinet, digital weight scales, various testing equipment and fixtures, valves, water, helium,
- Perform various operations in making sub assemblies and final assemblies of valves and assemblies of various sizes and shapes of containers.
- Sand blast outer surface of spheres in hooded machine, removing scale.
- Maintain necessary records
- Ability to read and interpret detailed instructions and procedures (blueprints, route sheets, sales orders, etc.).
- Must be able to meet the physical demands required to perform the essentials of the job (i.e., lift up to 50 lbs., move cylinders via conveyor).