Our client located in Hopkinton, MA is looking for a 1st shift Mechanical Inspector. This is a contract to hire opportunity on 1st shift.
Perform inspections or testing of mechanical or electro/mechanical devices, to verify conformance to engineering specifications. Responsibilities include maintaining inspection records and reports, data input into data collection systems and assisting Quality Engineers in the development of inspection/test methods. Knowledge of basic shop math, the ability to read blue print drawings, sampling plans. Proficiency in the use of Windows and Microsoft software programs.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Inspector:
- Use precision and hand measuring equipment to perform inspections to engineering specifications and drawings, including First Article Inspections (FAIs) on incoming material, as assigned.
- Maintain all inspection reports and data records.
- Prepare required forms and reports including corrective action reports, rejected material reports, and the like as required.
- Assist Quality Technicians and/or Engineers in developing or revising inspection procedures, as necessary.
- Participate in UTC’s ACE quality programs, such as, 5S, RRCA, QCPC, etc.
- Maintain customer and/or Supplier Quality history files as assigned.
- Move material as necessary in performance of duties.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Follow established company rules and regulations.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
Requirements of the Mechanical Inspector:
- 4+ years experience in a receiving and/or in-process inspection environment.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of and proficient in the use of mechanical measuring tools and GD&T applications.
- Experience with Verniers, Calipers, operating a CMM, Micro Hites and Optical Comparators a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Windows and Microsoft software programs a plus.
- Good communication skills. Able to work as part of a team, and independently, under minimal or no supervision
Shift: 1st shift