Searching for a Passivation Operator located in Milford, MA. This position is a 1st shift long term contract opportunity.
Duties include degreasing metal components and setting up baskets of components for metal finishing operations, operation of wet processing lines involving bulk chemicals, and the operation of other metal finishing equipment, Additional duties include the monitoring and controlling of bath chemistries.
Passivation Operator Responsibilities:
- Degrease and sonic clean metallic and non-metallic parts.
- Passivate and/or electro-polish stainless steel components in a bulk processing line.
- Measure and maintain bath concentrations and record data. Ability to perform pH measurements and titration analysis with specific testing procedures and protocol.
- Change chemicals in call process equipment along with handling of spent or contaminated solutions and document.
- Handle critical, expensive and fragile machine components.
- Responsible for product quality, relative to operations performed.
- Perform routine maintenance on metal finishing equipment.
- Perform all operations within the metal finishing area and direct co-workers.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a metal finishing environment
- Experience in wastewater treatment
- Minimum 2 years in a manufacturing environment
- Machine shop knowledge is preferred