Our premier client in Milford, MA is looking for a Microdeburer to join their team on a long term contract basis.
This position will work during 7am-3:30pm
Under general supervision, the microdeburer will perform complex deburring of intricate machined metal and plastic parts through the use of a 20X stereo microscope, miniature tools, and also operating deburring machinery like extrude hone, drill press, speed-lathe, sandblasting. The individual will work within the group to achieve quality, productivity, and employee performance goals. As a member of the team, the individual will have the opportunity to suggest improvements to existing procedures and processes.
- Manual removal of machining burrs from small intersecting holes, internal threads, and other machined features
- Use of machining cutting tools such as drills, reamers, burr tools, countersinks, etc.
- Use of a 20 power stereoscopic microscope with high intensity light source.
- Screening, identifying and sorting machined parts for acceptability of specific machined surfaces such as finish quality
- Screen parts based on completeness or defects.
- Reading and interpreting drawings and processes sheets.
- Hand lap and polish machined parts on abrasive paper and surface plate to remove scratches and other surface imperfections per print requirements.
- Perform basic machining operations required for deburring or finishing using micro drill press and assorted tools such as reamers, drills, etc.
- Individual works to prescribed quality standards and is responsible for checking own work.
- Other equipment used includes abrasive belts, slurry machines, induction brazing equipment and polishing equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have sufficient education to read engineering drawings, perform simple arithmetic, and keep records.
- Experience in machined component deburring applications.
- Good A/R vision (especially near-field vision).