- Manual removal of machining burrs from small intersecting holes, internal threads, and other machined features
- Use of machining cutting tools such as drills, reamers, burr tools, countersinks, etc.
- Use of a 20 power stereoscopic microscope with high intensity light source.
- Screen parts based on completeness or defects.
- Reading and interpreting drawings and processes sheets.
- Hand lap and polish machined parts on abrasive paper and surface plate to remove scratches and other surface imperfections per print requirements.
- Deburr selected machined parts with hand held electric eraser using rubberized abrasive forms.
- Perform basic machining operations required for deburring or finishing using micro drill press and assorted tools such as reamers, drills, etc.
- Other equipment used includes electro-chemical deburring equipment, abrasive belt and slurry machines,
- Must have great hand/eye coordination
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have sufficient education to read engineering drawings, perform simple arithmetic, and keep records.
- Minimum 2 years experience in microscope deburring.
- Good A/R vision (especially near-field vision).