The PCB Assembler, assembles electronic circuit boards, cables, and subassemblies manually or semi-automatically with a high degree of quality.
Responsibilities of the PCB Assembler:
- Performs basic assembly of products in either the cable and wiring group or the PCB assembly group. Responsibilities may include all or some of the following: preparation of parts, actual assembly, testing and packaging of cables, sub-assemblies or printed circuit boards to customer specifications.
- Utilizes documentation such as assembly drawings, Bills of Material, product flow charts and work instructions to assemble product.
- May perform soldering, fabricating, crimping, mechanical assembly, or operate wave solder machine.
- Self inspects work throughout the assembly process.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area to ensure efficiency and no safety hazards.
- Meets all quality, quantity and established manufacturing practices to satisfy customer requirements.
Requirements of the PCB Assembler:
- High school diploma or education/experience equivalent.
- 12 – 18 months experience with PCB assembly, through hole and surface mount is preferred.
- Ability to read and write, able to interpret assembly drawings.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to distinguish colors.