This position requires an individual to operated secondary machining equipment such as cutoff saws, belt sanders, etc. Ability to perform manual secondary work such as assembly of hardware which includes installation of helicoils, pins, bushings by utilizing presses, hand tools, etc. Computer skills required for material movement transactions. Individual required to operate CNC equipment with a collaborative robot at an entry level. Inspection of own and other associate’s parts. Excellent communication skills are paramount as working with other associates is a required function.
The position is a first shift position, Monday-Friday from 6:30AM-3:00PM.
- Set-up and operate secondary equipment, such as a cutoff saw, belt sander, manual lathe, presses, etc. and perform any other functions within the department that may be necessary.
- Operate CNC turning center with collaborative robot at an entry level.
- Inspect completed material utilizing visual and hand inspection equipment, i.e. Vernier calipers; Micrometer and drop dial indicators.
- Read, understand and follow written processes and learn to operate a variety of CNC machines after material movement and other duties are complete for the day.
- Interact in a manufacturing environment with a variety of personnel on a daily basis.
- Report any safety or maintenance concerns to management immediately.
- Maintain their work area in a clean orderly condition and follows safety procedures.
- Utilize basic Lean and 5S practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Vocational trades school preferred.
- 0-3 years in a machining environment
- Ability to stand for at least 10 hours/day
- Lift material up to 25 lbs
- Ability to bend at the waist / pick up something from the floor
- Hand dexterity - squeezing, twisting, tightening
- Basic algebra / arithmetic
- Basic computer skills - SAP a plus
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Follow any safety requirements
- Positive attitude
- Motivated & team player
- Detail oriented
- SPC a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints