Supervises production employees on assigned shift to ensure production guidelines are being met. Manage employees hours & quality of work to maximize efficiency. Follow and meet production schedule.
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor:
- Review daily production schedule to plan work and personnel assignments.
- Direct and supervise production personnel in performing operations according to quality and manufacturing standards and policies and procedures.
- Determine direct labor staffing needs, to include notifying Human Resources of temporary staffing needs.
- Supervise production staff by coaching, counselling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in the training and certification of production personnel.
- Control costs by reducing scrap, ensuring standards are met, increase efficiency in the manufacturing processes and looking for alternatives to existing components.
- Coordinate manufacturing resources to meet the master production schedule.
- Issue job travelers and inventory to WIP as required.
- Support Manufacturing through coordination of leads and assemblers, training on various processes, supporting documentation, monitoring manufacturing performance and assembling high-quality medical devices in accordance with procedures to meet production schedules.
Requirements of the Production Supervisor:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Experience in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge and implementation of Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Well developed skills in decision making and problem solving.