Quality Inspector - Incoming
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the fluid transfer industry by securing a Quality Inspector to join their team. This is a 1st shift opportunity with an incredible organization.
Responsibilities of Quality Inspector:
Conducts quality inspections for particular areas or products to ensure they fulfill given quality standards and workmanship criteria. Monitors and records inconsistencies during quality inspections and recommends necessary changes to improve quality for rejected or defective products or materials.
Essential Duties of Quality Inspector:
- Quality Standards, Root Cause and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure application of required quality standards and workmanship criteria for in-process/floor inspection product verification and incoming inspection/first article areas.
- May assist in root cause analysis for process or product related concerns.
- Manufacturing Support, Analysis and Audits
- Conducts quality inspections for particular areas or products.
- Support manufacturing in resolution of day-to-day issues, as needed
- Works in identification of trends for rejected or defective products or materials.
- Assist in the calibration of gages and equipment necessary to support quality
- Do necessary inspection of all quality related equipment to include operation, purchase and possible repair
- Follows established practices and procedures in the performance of normal job functions.
- Project Documentation and Reporting
- Documents any inconsistencies observed during quality inspections for product or material verification.
- Conduct first article audits, including creation of audits finding reports and working with responsible parties to determine proper resolution.
- Create internal and supplier related Non-conforming Material Reports (NMR)
Requirements of Quality Inspector:
- A minimum of an 18 month machining certification or a diploma or a completed 2 year technical program in quality or related education or ASQ Mechanical Inspector Certification or ASQ Quality Technician Certification.
- 1-2 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment in a machining or quality role with demonstrated ability to produce results.
- Good mechanical aptitude