Position: Set-Up Mechanic
A client of ours near Buena, NJ is looking for a Set-up Mechanic to properly set-up and consistently maintain machines to insure that they operate in a safe an efficient manner
Responsibilities of the Set-Up Mechanic:
- Removes mold and auxiliary equipment from press and returns equipment to proper location
- Sets next mold, locates and fastens on press, adjusts by shimming, sets ejection, sets pins, sets and adjusts to prescribed pressures, stroke, and temperatures, changing piping as required
- Sample parts visually as well as dimensional.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to specifications or from instructions of supervisor
- Use all available setup records as a guide to machine setup in relation to machine cycles, temperature settings, etc.
- Setup and prepare auxiliary equipment such as temperature controllers, conveyors, grinders, material handling systems, and resin dryers.
- Have machine in operation and producing acceptable parts, checked by inspection, before releasing for Quality approval
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, quantity, quality, and safety procedures and follow 5S standards
- Locate, transport, install and store injection molds in accordance with established guidelines
- Prepare auxiliary and second support equipment as required at the press
- Trouble shoots the manufacturing process to diagnose and resolve anticipated or actual manufacturing problems that may affect product quality
- Monitor and maintain quality of the parts produced
Requirements of the Set-up Mechanic:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred
- Ability to perform set-up for new molds and highly complex molds as directed
- Knowledge of plastic resins, mold setup and functions of an injection molding press
- Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC), preferred