Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The Shear Operator position is responsible for operating the shear and carrying out the daily tasks assigned by the supervisor. This operator has the ability to successfully set up and run the shear. Works closely with supervisor and production planning on the full scope of projects moving through the department. Operator is flexible and adaptable to assignment changes and will jump in and help when needed. Ensures a safe and efficient operation of the shear and conducts quality control checks on the first part and throughout the production run.
This is a 1st shift, temp to hire position and pays $14-$16 hourly.
Main responsibilities of this job:
- Follow standardized work processes and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Effectively carry out assigned tasks throughout the shift.
- Inspect machine prior to starting production.
- Advanced proficiency of inspecting and using measuring tools (i.e. Micrometers, dial calipers, height gages, depth gages, bore micrometers, dial indicators etc.) to indicate parts and verify dimensions of finished work piece.
- Inspect products to ensure quality and customer specifications throughout the shift.
- Notify supervisor if individual notices any issue with equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized workspace.
- Correctly report production in ERP system and ensure that the production orders have all the correct information and details.
- Notify material handler of material needed and verify correct material.
- Setup production according to production order details and drawings. Notify supervisor and quality control if there are any deviations between orders and drawings.
- During plant down time this position assists with plant housekeeping, maintenance, and warehouse duties.
- Understands companywide and departmental metrics and plans their work accordingly to meet those goals.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- Participate in preventative maintenance to upkeep machine.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot machine problems fast and efficiently. Cooperating with additional areas such as maintenance and supervisors.
- Work as a team member to aid others in upholding and maintaining departmental standards including quality, production, and on-time delivery goals.
- Continuously improve job knowledge by participating in educational classes; reading technical publication, and cross-training of personnel.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing (5S, Six Sigma etc.) for optimal workplace organization and safety.
- Attend daily safety chat and any other meetings conducted by supervisor.
- Provide suggestions and ideas to continuously improve safety, quality and process.
- Performs other duties requested by supervisor.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- High school diploma or GEDs.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Motivate other associate and lead by example
- Ability to read policies & procedure manuals.
- Ability to safety operate/use hand and power tools.
- Ability to use measuring instruments (calipers, thickness gage, dial indicator etc.)
- Attention to detail.
- Multi-task & be flexible with assignments.
- Must have general computer skills abilities in order to complete and/or update reports, orders etc.
If you would like to be considered for this job immediately, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratory Assistant in Norwood MA
- Buyer-Planner in Auburn MA
- Accounting Clerk in Hudson MA
- Wiring Technician in Duluth GA
- Sr Manufacturing Process Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Marketing Communications Specialist in Milford MA
- Customer Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Inside Service Sales Representative in Norcross GA
- Assembly - Test Technician in Sterling MA
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Staff Mechanical Engineer III in Alpharetta GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Respool Operator in Manchester NH
- Forklift Operator in Buford GA
- Electronics Test Tech in Suwanee GA
- Maintenance Mechanics in Providence RI
- Assembly Technician in Hollis NH
- Senior Quality Compliance Specialist in Cordova TN
- Materials Handling Supervisor in Flowery Branch GA
- Senior Program Manager in Marlborough MA
- Drafter - Drawing Review in Southbridge MA
- Data Entry Clerk in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Norwood MA
- Assembly-Calibration Tech in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Quality Control Clerk in Duluth GA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Corporate Buyer in Memphis TN
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Junior Buyer in Franklin MA
- Quality Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Change Manager in Milford MA
- UG Design -Drafter in Central Manchester CT
- CNC Machinists in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Assembly Technician in Natick MA
- Finisher in Memphis TN
- Electronics Test Technician in Norcross GA
- RMA Coordinator in Lawrenceville GA
- Quality Control Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Rep in Suwanee GA
- Synthesis Operator in Taunton MA
- Quality Tech I in Memphis TN
- Customer Service Representative in Lynn MA
- Sample Coordinator in Lynn MA
- Metallurgical Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Material Handler, Kitting 1st Shift in Buford GA
- QC Specialist in Natick MA
- Production Control Administrator in Waltham MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Ayer MA
- Lab Support Personnel in Norwood MA
- Field Service Admin in Methuen MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- Maintenance Supervisor (1st Shift) in Metro West MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Service Manager in Danvers MA
- Customer Service Representative in andover MA
- 3rd Shift Router Machinist in Gainesville GA
- AEI - Director of Engineering in Wilmington MA
- Data Entry in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Inspector in Shrewsbury MA
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Welder in Peabody MA
- Order Entry Specialist in Ashland MA
- Assembler Technician 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Soldering Technician 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Methuen MA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- CAD Designer in Charlton MA
- Technical Service Administrator in Milford MA
- Operations-Production Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Production Planner in Gainesville GA
- Customer Service Representative in Gainesville GA
- Civil Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 1st Shift CNC Machinist-Programmer in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Technician in Lexington MA
- Design Engineer in Aiken SC
- MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN in Bridgeport NJ
- CNC Programmer in Vineland NJ
- Design Engineer in Grenada MS
- Mechanical Designer in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector - Technician in Fridley MN
- Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Eden Prairie MN
- Mechanical Engineer in Newnan GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Business Process Integration Analyst in King of Prussia PA
- Quality Engineer in
- Engineer-Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Distribution Associate in Suwanee GA
- Demand Planner in Hayward CA
- Supply Chain Agent in Bridgeport NJ
- Category Manager in Bridgeport NJ