Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The Shear Operator position is responsible for operating the shear and carrying out the daily tasks assigned by the supervisor. This operator has the ability to successfully set up and run the shear. Works closely with supervisor and production planning on the full scope of projects moving through the department. Operator is flexible and adaptable to assignment changes and will jump in and help when needed. Ensures a safe and efficient operation of the shear and conducts quality control checks on the first part and throughout the production run.
This is a 1st shift, temp to hire position and pays $14-$16 hourly.
Main responsibilities of this job:
- Follow standardized work processes and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Effectively carry out assigned tasks throughout the shift.
- Inspect machine prior to starting production.
- Advanced proficiency of inspecting and using measuring tools (i.e. Micrometers, dial calipers, height gages, depth gages, bore micrometers, dial indicators etc.) to indicate parts and verify dimensions of finished work piece.
- Inspect products to ensure quality and customer specifications throughout the shift.
- Notify supervisor if individual notices any issue with equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized workspace.
- Correctly report production in ERP system and ensure that the production orders have all the correct information and details.
- Notify material handler of material needed and verify correct material.
- Setup production according to production order details and drawings. Notify supervisor and quality control if there are any deviations between orders and drawings.
- During plant down time this position assists with plant housekeeping, maintenance, and warehouse duties.
- Understands companywide and departmental metrics and plans their work accordingly to meet those goals.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- Participate in preventative maintenance to upkeep machine.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot machine problems fast and efficiently. Cooperating with additional areas such as maintenance and supervisors.
- Work as a team member to aid others in upholding and maintaining departmental standards including quality, production, and on-time delivery goals.
- Continuously improve job knowledge by participating in educational classes; reading technical publication, and cross-training of personnel.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing (5S, Six Sigma etc.) for optimal workplace organization and safety.
- Attend daily safety chat and any other meetings conducted by supervisor.
- Provide suggestions and ideas to continuously improve safety, quality and process.
- Performs other duties requested by supervisor.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- High school diploma or GEDs.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Motivate other associate and lead by example
- Ability to read policies & procedure manuals.
- Ability to safety operate/use hand and power tools.
- Ability to use measuring instruments (calipers, thickness gage, dial indicator etc.)
- Attention to detail.
- Multi-task & be flexible with assignments.
- Must have general computer skills abilities in order to complete and/or update reports, orders etc.
If you would like to be considered for this job immediately, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sand & Deburr in Norcross GA
- Test Tech II in Westborough MA
- Assembly Process Manager in Beverly MA
- QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN in Beverly MA
- RF Design Engineer in Beverly MA
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Compressor Operation – General Assembly Line. in Flowery Branch GA
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- RMA Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Assistant in Los Alamitos CA
- Wiring Technician in Norcross GA
- Shipping-Recieving Clerk in Alpharetta GA
- Lead Electrical Control Panel Technician - Final Testing in Plymouth MN
- Warehouse Associate in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Kennesaw GA
- Quality Engineer I in Cordova TN
- Picking - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Marketing Respresentative in Acton MA
- Quality Engineer in Sturbridge MA
- Process Design Engineer in North Canton OH
- Forklift Driver in Memphis TN
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- 1st Shift General Laborer in Gloucester City NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Account Payable Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Machine Operator in Millbury MA
- Quality Inspector-Auditor 2nd shift in Sturbridge MA
- Documentation Specialist in Sturbridge MA
- Quality Assurance Tester in Suwanee GA
- Principal Software Engineer in MA
- Second Shift Thin Film Tech in Millbury MA
- Shipping Associate in Duluth GA
- Shipper II in Waltham MA
- Wiring Technician in Duluth GA
- Videographer in Marlborough MA
- Shipping Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse - Receiver in Suwanee GA
- 3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Manchester NH
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Technical Support - Level II in Moorestown NJ
- Technical Support - Level I in Moorestown NJ
- Expeditor in MA
- Wiring Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Executive Administrative Assistant in Gloucester City NJ
- Hone Operator in Los Alamitos CA
- Retainer Inspector in Los Alamitos CA
- Welder in Branford CT
- CNC Machinist-Shift Lead in Flowery Branch GA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Kennesaw GA
- Payroll Benefits Specialist in Memphis TN
- Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Visual Inspector in Norwood MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Littleton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 6-12-19 in Westborough MA
- Contract Talent Acquisition Specialist in Milford MA
- R&D Assistant in Lynn MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Sunrise FL
- Plant Electrician in Milford MA
- 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving-Packaging in Memphis TN
- Buyer in Lynn MA
- Electrical Engineering Manager in Jacksonville FL
- Mechanical Engineering Manger in Jacksonville FL
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- CNC Machine operator- 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Product Specialist in Bridgeport NJ
- Sr. Business Systems Analyst in Memphis TN
- Business Systems Analyst in Memphis TN
- QC Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Asst, Lab I in Mobile AL
- Facilities Maintenance Tech in Flowery Branch GA
- 2nd Shift Mazak Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Procurement Specialist in Alpharetta GA
- Assemblers in Jefferson GA
- Technical Support Representative in Marlboro MA
- Mechanical Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse Specialist in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Memphis TN
- Material Planner in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Assembly Technician in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Industrial Engineering Manager in Gainesville GA
- Principal Software Engineer in MA
- Embedded Software Engineer in Watertown MA
- Mechanical Engineer in CA
- EM Assembler II in Westborough MA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Patient Positioning Tech in Oklahoma City OK
- Assembly Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Solderer Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Sr Traffic Specialist in Natick MA
- Field Service Specialist in phoenix AZ
- HR Shared Services Representative in New Castle DE
- Manufacturing Engineer in Manchester NH
- Shift Supervisor in Gloucester City NJ