Shipping and receiving Clerk
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is a position that systematically transacts the flow of product through the shipping and receiving department. This position utilizes the attendant’s skills and knowledge to efficiently process parts into, out of, and through the production cycle to maintain the traceability of parts required to produce precision aerospace components. This position also receives and facilitates the movement of parts into inventory.
Responsibilities of the Shipping and Receiving Clerk:
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares them for shipment.
- Maintain traceability of parts by verifying incoming material with Certifications.
- Maintain integrity of parts through conscientious packaging practices.
- Verify packaging paperwork (counts, weights or measurement items).
- Facilitate the movement of parts in and out of department.
- Visually inspect components for conformance to specifications.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including certificate verification, inventory transactions, documentation, and material handling.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Act as a role model, coach, and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects as assigned.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; minimal exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants, and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Prioritize multiple jobs and seek assistance when needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math or industrial mathematics desired.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.