Temp to Hire
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing physical and administrative tasks involved in the handling, shipping, receiving, and storage of inventory assets of the company.
- Distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
- Manual unloading or operating a forklift to move pallets and parts.
- Accurate counting and verifying received material.
- Calculates totals and extends weights, volumes; enters or scans appropriate data into system.
- Moves materials to warehouse area.
- Reads, interprets and accurately retrieves material from warehouse for production use from released work orders.
- Prepares required shipping labels, addresses, documents and certifications.
- Maintain accurate records of received goods and rejecting unsatisfactory items when necessary.
- Perform all warehouse functions necessary at auxiliary locations.
- Performs clerical functions involving issuing of work orders, outsourcing, and helpdesk support
- Support the Warehouse Management with training new Associates.
- To be the first point of contact for any issues/questions for their given team and to escalate issues/questions to management when need be.
- Ability to oversee and delegate work within their given team.
- Back-up to the Warehouse & Distribution Assistant Manager.
- High School Diploma/GED/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of warehousing and material handling procedures preferred.
- Good math skills and basic computer knowledge.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Experience as a Lead/Supervisor, preferred.