Supplier Quality Technican
Supplier Quality Technican
Summary of Position:
Seeking a Supplier Quality Technician to support manufacturing of Biotech company in Milford, MA. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the potential to move permanent. $25-$30/hr DOE. Drug and Background check required.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Supplier Quality Manager, the Supplier Quality Technician will review and disposition supplier materials that have been rejected. The focus will be on swift issue resolution, collaboration with the production quality, IMA, supplier quality engineering, materials planning, and procurement. This role will act the key contact regarding supplier related concerns or issues within the manufacturing sites. This position is hands-on in a fast-paced environment which will interact with multiple functions.
The individual would be responsible for supporting daily triage, huddle and materials meetings, representing supplier quality and ensuring swift action with suppliers. They must work in close coordination with material planning and purchasing to ensure material is available for production when non-conforming material is received and quarantined. They are expected to be on the production floor multiple times in a day to support any supplier related concerns or issues from production. This role will own all quality records pertaining to supplier non-conformances and are expected to update them accordingly. They must be self-motivated and able to react quickly and have a high level of flexibility in day to day priorities.
- Coordinating the disposition of non-conforming supplier material and obtain documented effective SCARs (Supplier Corrective Action Report) for non-conforming material, as required.
- Management of quality records that are assigned in Trackwise in an expeditious manner.
- Communicate any supplier repeat issues or trending poor performance to supplier quality engineering for escalation.
- Evaluates suppliers’ data, corrective actions, and reports to assess their overall status and acceptability of issue resolution, and provide feedback to the MRB team and Supplier Quality Engineer (when required).
- Acts as a liaison between Supplier Quality Engineering and IMA.
- Coordinates with material planning, MRB, and IMA to ensure replenishment for non-conforming material is properly aligned with the supplier and purchasing to prevent lines down situations or lack of material availability.
- Support MRB daily triage meetings, daily production huddle meetings, daily lines down meetings and weekly MRB meetings.
- Support daily production by facilitating feedback on supplier product. Provide that feedback to the supplier quality engineer as needed.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with appropriate personnel in interfacing departments.
- Associate’s degree or equivalence in work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), familiarity with Trackwise and SAP a plus
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving ability and an understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of inspection methods (Height gage, micrometer, Vernier calipers, bore gages)
- Ability to read drawings, tolerancing and calculate tolerance stack ups.
- Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving.
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to develop strong professional working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations.
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment.