Our premier client in Milford, MA is looking to hire a Utility Operator. This is a 1st shift, long-term contract position.
This position requires the ability to retrieve and process the metal chip waste generated by the CNC equipment in the machine shop. Along with this requirement is operating secondary machining equipment, manual secondary work such as cleaning and deburring, computer skill set for material movement transactions and potential ability to operate CNC equipment at an entry level. Inspection of own and other associate’s parts. Excellent communication skills are paramount as working with other associates is a required function.
- Under minimal supervision retrieve and process chip waste from all departments in the machining organization.
- Receive and put away in final location, incoming raw material and verify material certifications are correct.
- Set-up and operate secondary equipment, cutoff saw and perform any other functions within the department that may be necessary.
- Inspect completed material utilizing visual and hand inspection equipment, i.e. Vernier calipers; Micrometer and drop dial indicators.
- Read, understand and follow written processes and learn to operate a variety of CNC machines after material movement and other duties are complete for the day.
- Interact in a manufacturing environment with a variety of personnel on a daily basis.
- Report any safety or maintenance concerns to management immediately.
- Maintain their work area in a clean orderly condition and follows safety procedures.
- Utilize basic Lean and 5S practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Vocational trades school preferred.
- 0-3 years in a machining environment
- Ability to stand for at least 8 hours/day
- Lift material up to 40 lbs
- Ability to bend at the waist / pick up something from the floor
- Hand dexterity - squeezing, twisting, tightening
- Basic algebra / arithmetic
- Computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Follow any safety requirements
- Positive attitude
- Motivated & team player
- Detail oriented