The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in the Aerospace industry to identify a Buyer to join their team!
The Buyer will negotiate with manufacturers or service providers on prices of goods and services. They make recommendations to upper management on possible purchases, monitoring trends and attempting to find the potential deals. They also attempt to find new products that might improve their company's performance.
Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Obtain quotes; negotiate with suppliers, source items with suppliers.
- Analyze and forecast purchasing needs for the company.
- Run daily reports, update forecasts Process purchase orders through MRP computer system Data Entry in an ERP system Develop and maintain consistent and effective communication with vendors.
- Analyze Bills of Materials for maintaining effective inventory.
- Planning purchases for future parts procurement based upon delivery schedules.
- Ensures and expedites with vendors so material components are ordered and delivered in a timely manner Interface and maintain a high degree of communication.
- Multi-task and problem solve for resolution of discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders
- Provide support for documentation of returned material, creating Credit Memos, Sales Orders and work orders
- Works with engineering department in support of new product introduction launches and prototype production builds Other duties as assigned.
You're a part of:
A corporate function with a local teams supporting the each facility needs. Sales Operations works closely with the multiple departments and functions including Sales, Finance, Product Management, Contracts, Program Management and customers. Professionalism and customer focus is our main priority.
Required Skills and Experience of the Buyer:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires 1-3 years of buying experience
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and work in a flexible and changing environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Competent in the use of an ERP System
- Diligent and detail oriented Courteous and professional phone manner
- High level of integrity and a great work ethic
- Well organized, detail oriented, conscientious about work quality
- Ability to lead in a team and individual environment
- Prior use of SalesForce.com and Oracle