Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Searching for a Buyer in Thousand Oaks, CA on a long term contract basis.
This position is accountable for determining and utilizing proper sources of supply for the most economical purchases consistent with quality and customer service standards. Arranges for and evaluates competitive quotations, resourcefulness of suppliers in meeting requirements. Places orders to best advantage, with responsibility for price, quality, delivery, service and maintenance of all necessary records. Evaluates and maintains system so as to control inventory levels. Monitors receipt quantities, issues proper paperwork, sorts, and assures correct delivery. The Buyer function is responsible for meeting customer’s on-time delivery requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Procures materials and services with proper consideration for just-in-time delivery, proper quantity, and at a competitive cost.
2. Coordinates with cross functional discipline actions necessary to execute production plans
3. Communicates delivery issues directly with internal/external customers
4. Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
5. Develops and maintains qualified sources of supply through constant record appraisal and negotiation with potential suppliers. Works with suppliers and engineers to determine their ability to supply product or service, using knowledge of a supplier’s personnel, organization, stability, critical materials, and historical performance.
6. Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
7. Works with personnel in other departments, helping them to obtain the items of procurement necessary for the discharge of their duties and responsibilities.
8. Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers. Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
9. Generate, tracks and closes orders, ensuring appropriate purchase requisition authorization attained and specification/requirements clearly outlined. Reviews and authorizes for payment all deliveries of product or service which have corresponding purchase orders.
10. Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; close coordination with plant engineering to assure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
11. Resolves payment discrepancies, negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
12. Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery. Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates inspections, substitutions, and standardization by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
13. Reduces total inventory (in house and supplier) by monitoring material acquisition and using supply line strategies, risk minimization, and current and forecasted market conditions and forecasted usages.
14. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency and customer service and to reduce costs.
15. Prepares moderately complex reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides parts, equipment, and materials information by answering questions and requests.
16. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
17. Other duties as required.
1. 3+ years buying experience and 4-year degree or equivalent.
2. CPIM a plus.
3. Excellent analytical skills.
4. Self-directed, entrepreneurial, customer focused individual with the ability to work effectively as a team.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Maintain a positive attitude in a very fast-paced environment.
7. Demonstrated ability to assist with process improvement.
8. Identify cost-savings opportunities.
9. Solid working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
10. Knowledge and prior use of MRP systems.
11. Leadership skills and demonstrated initiative.
12. Willing and able to sever as a mentor to others.
Personal Attributes for Success:
1. Plans and arranges own work; may receive direction on new work
2. Team Leader
3. Works calmly under stress
4. Detail oriented and focused
5. Problem solver
- ABS Trading System Developer in Costa Mesa CA
- Quality Manager in Dawsonville GA
- CI Manager in Dawsonville GA
- Electronics Test Tech in Suwanee GA
- Shipping Clerk in SUWANEE GA
- HR File Clerk - Temp in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Chanhassen MN
- Warehouse Associate in Suwanee GA
- Spot Welder - 2nd Shift in Canton GA
- Buyer in Burnsville MN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Plymouth MN
- EH&S Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- TIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Design Assurance Engineer in St. Paul MN
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Manufacturing Welding Engineer in Flowery Branch GA
- Purchaser in Flowery Branch GA
- Cloud APP Engineer IV in Miami FL
- 2nd shift Forklift - $15-hr. in Vineland
- Packer - 1st shift Shipping in Vineland
- Sales Service Coordinator in Milford MA
- Customer Education Training Specialist in Milford MA
- Quality Inspector in Brooklyn Center MN
- Field Application Technician PA in Duluth PA
- Inventory Controls Analyst in Alpharetta GA
- Field Application Technician GP plant in Brunswick GA
- Reimbursement Support in Cordova TN
- Mechanical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Project Engineer in Athens GA
- Controls Engineer in Athens GA
- Machinist in Concord CA
- Technical Writer in Brea CA
- Heavy Industrial Machine Assembler in Milford NH
- Process Engineer in Milford NH
- Warehouse Associate in Buford GA
- Warehouse Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Buford GA
- Brazer in Buford GA
- Sr. MFG Technician in Ayer MA
- Sr. Test Technician in Ayer MA
- TIG-MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Manufacturing Technician in Ayer MA
- General Technician- Value Add in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse Manager in Taunton MA
- AP-Cost Accountant in Brooklyn Center MN
- SMT Operator in Billerica MA
- Inspection Specialist- 1st Shift in West Boylston MA
- Test Technician in West Boylston MA
- CNC Programmer in Social Circle GA
- Project Engineer in Social Circle GA
- Assembler-Packer 1st Shift in Canton GA
- Machine Operator in
- Packer-Shipper in Billerica MA
- General Manager in Everett MA
- Cold Headed Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Screw Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Alpharetta GA
- Roll Thread Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Tool and Die Maker in Alpharetta GA
- Facility Maintenance Technician in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Technician in Chaska MN
- Inventory Control Associate in Lawrenceville GA
- MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Distribution Supervisor in Newnan GA
- HR Generalist in Franklin NH
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Solderer in Hudson NH
- Shipping - Receiving Clerk in Hudson NH
- Program Manager in Ham Lake MN
- Substation Designer in Norcross GA
- Production Tech in Audubon PA
- Mechanical Assembler in Randolph MA
- Assemblers-Kitters in Salem NH
- Part Time HR Administrator in Vineland
- Master Scheduler - Shop Floor Planner in Bedford MA
- Project Engineer in New Haven CT
- HR Advisor in Milford MA
- Contracts and Vendor Master Processor in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembly Technician in Norcross GA
- Field Service Technician in Taylor TX
- QA Inspector in Gloucester NH
- Electronics Assembler in Oakdale MN
- Production Technician in Chaska MN
- Senior Project Engineer IV in Memphis TN
- Shipping Clerk in Olive Branch MS
- Customer Service Representative in Suwanee GA
- Wheel Cell Operator 2nd Shift in Canton GA
- Wheel Balancer 2nd Shift in Canton GA
- Wheel Cell Operator 1st Shift in Canton GA
- QA Inspector in Lawrenceville GA
- Vice President of Operations in Ball Ground GA
- Facilities-Maintenance Helper in Lawrenceville GA
- Shop Helper (Packaging) in Lawrenceville GA
- General Warehouse 1st Shift in Jefferson GA
- Program Coordinator in Marlborough MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Quality Assurance Tester in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Taunton MA
- Fork Lift Operator in Memphis TN