Seeking an HR Admin to support the Shared Services division of a large corporation based in Lowell, MA. This person will act as the first line of defense for HR based questions from current employees. Inquires may range from benefits, basic HR support, unemployment claims and verifications along with additional administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will have a great attention to detail and comfortable with employee relations. HR knowledge (benefits in particular) is preferred, and ability to handle confidential/sensitive information.
Daily job duties and responsibilities of today’s HR assistants include:
- Answering employee questions regarding benefits and general inquiries
- Creating and distributing documents
- Providing customer service to organization employees
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators
- Maintaining computer system by updating and entering data
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings
- Maintaining calendars of HR management team
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
Qualifications of the HR Administrator:
- Minimum 1 year experience in an office setting performing administrative tasks, preferably in Human Resources.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback