The DAVIS Companies is supporting a leader in the printing and marketing industry by securing a Junior Buyer. This is a very high profile position reporting directly to the VP of Operations and it supports a key customer for the organization.
Responsibilities of Junior Buyer:
- Issues and coordinates accurate purchase orders to global suppliers in SAP system.
- Assists with forecasting and supply planning duties, including Excel-based analysis.
- Issues purchase orders for non-production payments.
- Manages supply chain and business processes to ensure supply continuity for retail software manufacturing, including games and commercial software lines of business.
- Coordinates supply chain activities, provides input on production schedules, and maintains strong relationships across functions and organizations.
- Administers internal and external SharePoint sites.
- Develops and communicates periodic metric reports, finance data input, and other reports.
- Keeps process documents updated and develops new process documents as needed.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvements.
- Some minimal travel may be required.
Qualifications of Junior Buyer:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills and PowerPoint experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, SharePoint, SAP, or another Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is a plus.
- Attention to detail and data entry accuracy is critical.
- Excellent communication skills required, including written, oral, and group meeting contributions.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability with quantitative and big-picture analytical skills.
- Must satisfactorily pass psychological profile, pre-employment background screen, and drug test.