We are currently hiring for a Logistics Specialist at our manufacturing plant in Newton, Ma!!
This is a 1st shift, contract to hire opportunity!!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes and maintains documentation for products imported and exported; communicates with importer, sales, customs house broker, and distribution warehouse to assure proper and timely delivery of goods.
- Works with brokers, transport and warehouse to coordinate and monitor arrivals/shipments of product to customers, plants and/or warehouse.
- Reviews international freight invoices for accuracy and assigns coding to insure costs are charged appropriately. Complete export declarations when applicable.
- Ensure proper trade compliance practices are realized and followed. Supporting internal departments with special requests and questions as it relates to customs and trade activities.
- Complies with established policies and procedures for maintaining records for imports, exports, domestic shipments, customs entries, and liquidation activity.
- Maintain work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- Coordinates daily shipping activities which includes daily order processing, insure proper packaging is used, creating shipping documentation and entering data into our ERP system.
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in traffic and importing/exporting
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Project Management skills a plus
- Knowledge of U.S. import/export regulatory compliance. Including Harmonized Codes and Tariffs, Custom brokers and Dangerous goods shipping and handling.
- Competencies: Results orientation, Customer orientation, Taking initiative, Effective communication, Teamwork and cooperation, Relationship building, Integrity & Trust