DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensures performance to the master production schedule to achieve division objectives for customer service, inventory levels, and configuration management. Plans, prepares, issues, and controls moderately complex and/or diverse production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Identifies variety of raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications and schedules of moderate scope and complexity. Ensures accurate item master file and bill of material.
2. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed. Recommends changes to improve the planning process for assigned products.
3. Evaluates and confirms materials supply is available to meet demand. Prepares work orders, or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts to support a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements. Prepares transfer orders. Coordinates material movements between sites, internal work and storage areas, and/or outside processing or suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed.
4. Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of moving orders and/or stock transfers to meet customer shipping dates.
5. Analyzes inventory usage, scrap, and waste, and recommends any appropriate actions to minimize loss, reduce inventory, and/or increase inventory turnover that would support inventory level objectives.
6. Advises and assists management in resolving problems concerning over shipments, shortages, engineering changes, and cancellation of orders.
7. Coordinates cross-functional activities to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process and consistent information about status and priorities.
8. Maintains configuration control on all open orders and appropriate data files as required by division policies and procedures.
9. Coordinates with cross functional discipline actions necessary to execute production plans
10. Communicates delivery issues directly with internal/external customers
11. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
12. Prepares moderately complex reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides parts, equipment, and materials information by answering questions and requests.
13. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency and customer service and to reduce costs.
14. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement)
15. Other duties as required.
1. 3+ years buying experience and 4-year degree or equivalent.
2. CPIM a plus.
3. Excellent analytical skills.
4. Self-directed, entrepreneurial, customer focused individual with the ability to work effectively as a team.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Maintain a positive attitude in a very fast-paced environment.
7. Demonstrated ability to assist with process improvement.
8. Identify cost-savings opportunities.
9. Solid working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
10. Knowledge and prior use of MRP systems.
11. Leadership skills and demonstrated initiative.
12. Willing and able to sever as a mentor to others.
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES OR QUALIFICATIONS (not required):
13. Plans and arranges own work; may receive direction on new work
14. Team Leader
15. Works calmly under stress
16. Detail oriented and focused
17. Problem solver