Laboratory Systems Specialist, Informatics Applications Laboratory
Our client is seeking a Laboratory Systems Specialist to be responsible for installing and administering the software systems used by the Informatics Applications Laboratory; for supporting the scientist(s) in the laboratory in the execution of chemical testing; and to implement specific application software products for use by the operations team.
In addition to these core responsibilities this role will be called on to support various Informatics Applications Laboratory efforts that are designed to assist the Field Marketing Organization.
- Installation and administration of application software.
- Administering user access and privileges and ensuring data backup operations are performed.
- Installing data capture functions for the team.
- Assist in the training and support of the Science Operations team in their use of the software.
- Assist the Field Informatics Specialists in their use of cloud-based demonstration image maintenance.
- Perform pre-defined chemical testing which will include preparation of samples, instruments and execution via pre-defined procedures.
- Position rarely will require domestic or international travel
- Minimum BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology or other science related field
- Excellent IT systems administration and support background including but not limited to:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Operating System and networking concepts
- Familiarity with VMWare and cloud operational concepts
- Installation of software applications
- Familiarity with laboratory instrument data capture software
- Experience as a software end-user applications trainer
- Experience in software end-user support
- Previous Waters LC or MS Instrument and Empower software experience a plus
- Previous NuGenesis SDMS software experience a plus
- 2 years’ experience with HPLC, UPLC® and Waters Software platforms is highly desired.
- Experience with Regulatory Compliance / 21 CFR Part 11 highly desired.
- Must be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills required.
- Highly self motivated individual
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to communicate with colleagues of various disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and work ethic
- Personal sense of integrity and trust