The Laboratory Associate is a non-exempt position reporting to a Supervisor or Laboratory Manager. The Laboratory Manager. The Laboratory Associate performs pre-analytical tasks associated with the T-SPOT.TB test. Additionally, the Laboratory Associate assures quality of specimens and communicates potential specimen problems to laboratory leadership.
• Monitors inventory levels of reagents and laboratory equipment
• Restocks laboratory equipment
• Washes test tube racks to decrease the possibility of contamination between use
• Prints labels for processing set-ups using Orchard Harvest LIS
• Tears labels for set-ups
• Assigns accession number, labels requisition and tube(s) properly
• Labels set-ups for use on accessioning line
• Performs Conical Scan Log QC
• Documents discrepancies in label skip log
• Maintains a clean work environment
• Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
• Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
• May perform inventory and restock laboratory supplies, as well as specimen preparation and tube/plate preparation
• Keeps work area neat and clean
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources
• Must be detail oriented, with ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
• Ability to navigate MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet, and learn to navigate a proprietary Laboratory Information System
• Must thrive on investigating problems and finding solutions
• Work requires compliance with strict safety protocols regarding work with reagents, laboratory equipment, and biological specimens
• Adheres to ODL policies and procedures, particularly with time and attendance
• Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
•While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
• The employee is also required to interact and communicate with peers and co-workers.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
• Occasionally moves about inside the lab to access materials
• Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
• Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
• Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work