Lab Support Personnel
Lab Support Personnel
POSITION SUMMARY: laboratory support personnel perform pre-analytical tasks associated with the T-SPOT.TB test. Assures quality of the specimens and communicates potential specimen problems to laboratory leadership
- Monitors inventory levels of reagents and laboratory equipment
- Restocks laboratory equipment
- Washes test tube racks to decrease the possibility of contamination between use
- Prints labels for processing set-ups using Orchard Harvest LIS
- Tears labels for set-ups
- Assigns ODL accession number, labels requisition and tube(s) properly
- Labels set-ups for use on accessioning line
- Performs Conical Scan Log QC
- Documents discrepancies in label skip log
- Maintains a clean work environment
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
- May perform inventory and restock laboratory supplies, as well as specimen preparation and tube/plate preparation
- Keeps work area neat and tidy
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources
- Must be detail oriented, with ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to navigate MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet, and learn to navigate a proprietary Laboratory Information System
- Must thrive on investigating problems and finding solutions
- Work requires compliance with strict safety protocols regarding work with reagents, laboratory equipment, and biological specimens
- Adheres to ODL policies and procedures, particularly with time and attendance
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Occasionally moves about inside the lab to access materials
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work