Laboratory Assistant 1
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Laboratory Assistant 1
Title:Laboratory Assistant 1
- Performs pre-analytical tasks associated with laboratory testing under direct supervision.
- Receives specimens delivered by FedEx and other courier services. Opens packages, removes contents and places in appropriate sort bin by time of collection.
- Opens patient sample bags and reviews requisition and sample tubes for patient name, second ID match, and other relevant information
- Assigns accession number and labels requisition and tube(s).
- Enters sample collection information and patient demographic information into the Orchard Harvest LIS.
- Releases stored orders in Lab Information System (LIS) to enable the accession numbers to flow through the laboratory’s pre testing and testing functions
- Prepares and labels reagents when first opened.
- Performs daily equipment QC/daily equipment monitoring.
- Performs inventory and restocks laboratory supplies.
- Scans laboratory requisitions into the Orchard Harvest LIS.
- Handles special projects and tasks assigned by the Supervisor
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
- Other duties as assigned by the Processing Supervisor
- Laboratory Assistants must meet one of the following education/experience requirements: Requires a BS degree in a biological, chemical, or physical science, or an AS degree in a biological, chemical, or physical science that meets specific science requirements: 6 semester hours of chemistry and 6 semester hours of biology, and one full year of full-time clinical laboratory work experience.
- Must be detail oriented, with ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Work requires compliance with strict safety protocols regarding work with reagents, laboratory equipment, and biological specimens.
- Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources and solve problems.
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work requires familiarity with computers; specifically use of Microsoft™ Windows and Microsoft Office software.
Regular Hours/Shift: Tuesday-Saturday; 5:30am - 2:30pm, with occasional overtime.
We receive samples on Sundays and Mondays from our HELP customers. We have couriers pick up these samples and have them expedited here and basically promise them that no matter when they draw, we can accept their samples. That being the case, all LA 1’s must work a weekend shift. They are on the schedule for a weekend shift with another LA I. So, with 20+ lab assistants, each LA would only work a weekend once every 2-3 months. When they work the weekend, they will have 2 days off the following week. This rotation is mandatory, at least until the Norwood lab begins taking these HELP customers on Sundays and Mondays.
- Tooling Engineer in Newnan GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Burnsville MN
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Welder in Allston MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Bedford MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Assembler in Milford MA
- Sr. Buyer - Planner in Chelmsford MA
- Supply Chain Manager in Chelmsford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Controller in Merrimack NH
- Sr. Design Engineer in Chaska MN
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Buyer in Hudson MA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering in Burnsville MN
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Management Systems Coordinator in Hudson NH
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Chief Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH
- Warehouse - Forklift Driver in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Electronics Assembler - Soldering in New Hope MN
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Westborough MA
- Machine Learning Co-op in Milford MA
- Electronics Process Development Engineer in Framingham MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Product Development in Charlton MA
- Maintenance Technician in Pendergrass GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Burlington MA
- Director of Hardware Engineering in Burlington MA
- Welder in Gainesville GA
- Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Assembly Technician in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse - Picker 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Assembler (1st & 2nd shift) in Ashland MA
- Account Manager in Memphis TN
- Superintendent (NH) in Bow NH
- Lab Technician in Watertown MA
- Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- Administrative Assistant in Ayer MA
- Senior Software Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Account Payable Specialist in Auburn MA
- BIM Designer in Norcross GA
- Piping Designer in Avondale Estates GA
- CNC Machinist in Vineland NJ
- Material Handler in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Sr. Product Development Engineer in Newnan GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- RF Test Technician in Vineland NJ
- Electronic Rework Operator in Vineland NJ
- Electromechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Credit Analyst in Norwell MA
- Robotics Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Electrical Engineer in White Bear Lake MN
- Quality Engineer in Framingham MA
- Talent Acquisition Program Manager in Milford MA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Marketing Coordinator in Boxboro MA
- Sr. Production Technician in Merrimack NH
- Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Sourcing Manager in Cambridge MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pawtucket RI
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Software Engineering Manager in Danvers MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- RMA Tech in Nashua NH
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Senior Accountant in Cambridge MA
- Electro-Mechanical Tech in Beverly MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Industrial Designer in Round Rock TX
- Account Manager in Marlborough MA
- Inventory Control in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- SMT Operator in Burnsville MN