Laboratory Assistant 1
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Laboratory Assistant 1
Title:Laboratory Assistant 1
- Performs pre-analytical tasks associated with laboratory testing under direct supervision.
- Receives specimens delivered by FedEx and other courier services. Opens packages, removes contents and places in appropriate sort bin by time of collection.
- Opens patient sample bags and reviews requisition and sample tubes for patient name, second ID match, and other relevant information
- Assigns accession number and labels requisition and tube(s).
- Enters sample collection information and patient demographic information into the Orchard Harvest LIS.
- Releases stored orders in Lab Information System (LIS) to enable the accession numbers to flow through the laboratory’s pre testing and testing functions
- Prepares and labels reagents when first opened.
- Performs daily equipment QC/daily equipment monitoring.
- Performs inventory and restocks laboratory supplies.
- Scans laboratory requisitions into the Orchard Harvest LIS.
- Handles special projects and tasks assigned by the Supervisor
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
- Other duties as assigned by the Processing Supervisor
- Laboratory Assistants must meet one of the following education/experience requirements: Requires a BS degree in a biological, chemical, or physical science, or an AS degree in a biological, chemical, or physical science that meets specific science requirements: 6 semester hours of chemistry and 6 semester hours of biology, and one full year of full-time clinical laboratory work experience.
- Must be detail oriented, with ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Work requires compliance with strict safety protocols regarding work with reagents, laboratory equipment, and biological specimens.
- Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources and solve problems.
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work requires familiarity with computers; specifically use of Microsoft™ Windows and Microsoft Office software.
Regular Hours/Shift: Tuesday-Saturday; 5:30am - 2:30pm, with occasional overtime.
We receive samples on Sundays and Mondays from our HELP customers. We have couriers pick up these samples and have them expedited here and basically promise them that no matter when they draw, we can accept their samples. That being the case, all LA 1’s must work a weekend shift. They are on the schedule for a weekend shift with another LA I. So, with 20+ lab assistants, each LA would only work a weekend once every 2-3 months. When they work the weekend, they will have 2 days off the following week. This rotation is mandatory, at least until the Norwood lab begins taking these HELP customers on Sundays and Mondays.
- Design Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Design Engineer in Jacksonville FL
- Design Engineer in Greenville SC
- Design Engineer in Charlotte NC
- Design Engineer in Raleigh NC
- Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Electrical Designer in Greenville SC
- Controls Engineer in Jacksonville FL
- Controls Engineer in Mobile AL
- Controls Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Controls Engineer in Greenville SC
- Controls Engineer in Charlotte NC
- Controls Engineer in Raleigh NC
- Controls Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Plumbing Designer in Jacksonville FL
- Plumbing Designer in Mobile AL
- Plumbing Designer in Huntsville AL
- Plumbing Designer in Greenville SC
- Plumbing Designer in Charlotte NC
- Plumbing Designer in Raleigh NC
- Plumbing Designer in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Designer in Jacksonville FL
- Mechanical Designer in Mobile AL
- Maintenance Mechanic in Green Bay WI
- Mechanical Designer in Huntsville AL
- Mechanical Designer in Greenville SC
- Mechanical Designer in Raleigh NC
- Mechanical Designer in Charlotte NC
- Mechanical Designer in Suwanee GA
- Electrical Designer in Jacksonville FL
- Electrical Designer in Mobile AL
- Electrical Designer in Huntsville AL
- Electrical Designer in Charlotte NC
- Electrical Designer in Raleigh NC
- Electrical Designer in Suwanee GA
- Electrical Engineer in Jacksonville FL
- Electrical Engineer in Mobile AL
- Electrical Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Electrical Engineer in Greenville SC
- Electrical Engineer in Raleigh NC
- Electrical Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Piping Designer in Jacksonville FL
- Piping Designer in Mobile AL
- Piping Designer in Huntsville AL
- Piping Designer in Greenville SC
- Piping Designer in Charlotte NC
- Piping Designer in Raleigh NC
- Piping Designer in Suwanee GA
- Civil Engineer in Mobile AL
- Civil Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Civil Engineer in Jacksonville FL
- Civil Engineer in Greenville SC
- Civil Engineer in Charlotte NC
- Civil Engineer in Raleigh NC
- Civil Engineer in Suwanee GA
- CNC Machinist in Norcross GA
- Shipping - Packing in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable & Receivable Specialist in Leominster MA
- Engineering Administrative Assistant in Leominster MA
- Electrical Engineer in Hollis NH
- Quality Inspector in Hollis NH
- Mechanical Engineer in Duluth GA
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- Assembler Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Electro-optical Instrument Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Atlanta GA
- Traffic Coordinator in Franklin MA
- Kitter-Assembler in Norwood MA
- Lead Machinist in Memphis TN
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Freight Dispatcher in Vineland NJ
- Facility Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Design Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Test Tech in Westborough MA
- Punch Press Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Sr R&D Technician in Eden Prairie MN
- Purchasing Contractor in East Boston MA
- NDT Level III Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Technician-Machine operator in N. Billerica MA
- Test Specialist in Suwanee GA
- HR Manager in Clinton MA
- Material Handler 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Packer (EM Assembler II) in Westborough MA
- Accounts Payable Temp in Buford GA
- Manual Machinist in Peabody MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Beverly MA
- Facilities EHS Manager in Southbridge MA
- EM assembler in Leominster MA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Entry Level Production Manager in Bensalem PA
- Buyer in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Customer Service Representative in Oakdale MN
- Planner II in Bridgeport NJ
- Warehouse Supervisor in Bridgeport NJ
- EM Assembler in Waltham MA
- Financial Analyst in Westford MA
- Material Handler in Waltham MA
- CNC Machinist in Murrayville GA