The DAVIS Companies is looking for a Lab Technician. The technologist should be familiar with basic laboratory procedures such as:
- Manipulating clinical specimens (Urine, Blood),
- Operating microscopes (including digital microscopes),
- Manipulating pipettes and performing sample dilutions and aliquoting according to written procedures.
- Documenting procedures and performing QC (Operation of typical clinical diagnostics systems is a plus)
- Experience with chemistry and/or hematology is also a plus.
- Familiarity with basic safety procedures and regulations (PPE etc...)
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Assist running the V&V data collection efforts by receiving the samples, recording their information, aliquoting in different volumes to run on several instruments and run on target instruments.
- Training on instrument operation will be provided .
- Additional duties collecting data on a microscope, routine maintenance of DI water system and/or performing bacteria evaluations (basic microbiology procedures).
- Associate degree with 3 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 0 to 2 years’ experience