Medical Lab Technologist
Medical Lab Technologist
Searching for a Medical Lab Technician in Norwood, MA on a Tuesday- Friday, 9:30-6PM shift. This is an indefinite contract.
Within the standards of the laboratory and local, state, federal, and other regulations, the Medical Laboratory Technologist performs the test and assures quality of the results.
- Performs all aspects of the diagnostic laboratory test according to laboratory procedures (specimen receipt, accessioning, processing, etc).
- Judges whether the results are abnormal/critical and takes appropriate action internally/externally according to laboratory guidelines. Records results of tests with all supporting documentation for clinical interpretation.
- Uses liquid handling robotics, cell counting instrumentation, and microscopy to perform assay work.
- Ensures the highest sample integrity and data quality, notifying Supervisors immediately of deviations and exceptions.
- Performs regularly scheduled quality control, preventative maintenance, and calibration of equipment according to laboratory guidelines. Performs all troubleshooting and repair.
- Contributes to the development of a continuous process improvement culture by recommending workflow changes and participating in new process implementations and technology transfer.
- Participates in department continuing education including training program expanding scope of knowledge.
- Trains and teaches laboratory personnel and other clinical staff. May observe, guide, verify and check documentation of less experienced lab personnel.
- Contributes to efficient workflow by taking initiative and filling in as needed. May assist in schedule preparation.
- Performs a variety of special projects or additional work as needed/assigned including participating in new test development and evaluation. Drafts procedures/protocols as directed.
- Enters sample collection information and patient demographic information into the Orchard Harvest LIS.
- Performs inventory and restocks laboratory supplies
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential.
- Required to work some weekends and holidays as needed.
- A baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences.
- Occasionally moves supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet for continuous periods of time.