Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repetitive and simple analyses, under the guidance of the Medical Technologist, by applying techniques of medical technology.
- Performs simple routines, such as preparing solutions and sterilizing equipment for testing.
- Completes records for tests performed.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and notifies supervisor immediately.
- Insures that all quality control criteria are met. - If they have some experience Plating samples that is a plus.
- Must have a NY State License as Clinical Laboratory Medical Technician.
- ASCP Eligible MLT or BS Life Science Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation).
- United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
- 1 to 3 years work experience
- Prefer MEDITECH LIS experience
- Instrument experience desired list - BECKMAN DxH 800 BECKMAN AU 700 DxC BECKMAN DxI 800 SYSMEX CS-2500 IRIS VELOCITY
- This is a generalist role. Must be certified; ASCP or AMT preferred but no specific requirement
- 3rd Shift is 8pm to 630am