Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The Medical technologist performs diagnostic testing. Assures quality of the results and communicates relevance of results to other health care professionals.
- Performs diagnostic laboratory test according to laboratory procedures.
- Judges whether the results are abnormal/critical and takes appropriate action internally/externally according to laboratory guidelines. Records results of tests with all supporting documentation for clinical interpretation.
- Performs regularly scheduled quality control, preventative maintenance, and calibration of equipment according to laboratory guidelines.
- Performs all troubleshooting and repair according to laboratory guidelines.
- Participates in department continuing education including training program expanding scope of knowledge.
- Trains and teaches laboratory personnel and other clinical staff. Contributes to department continuing education. May observe, guide, verify and check documentation of less experienced lab personnel.
- Performs a variety of special projects or additional work as needed/assigned including participating in new test development and evaluation. Drafts procedures/protocols as directed.
- Verifies results and reviews fax and print queue’s for final distribution of reports
- Receives specimens delivered by FedEx and other courier service personnel. Opens packages, removes contents and dismantles packages.
- Enters sample collection information and patient demographic information into the Orchard Harvest LIS. Stamps requisitions with date of receipt.
- Contacts customers via telephone to resolve problems associated with samples received for the test.
- Keeps work area neat and tidy.
- Prints accession labels; prepares racks with labeled conical centrifuge and Leucosep tubes
- Performs inventory and restocks laboratory supplies
- Prepares and labels reagents when first opened.
- Fills Leucosep tubes with Ficoll Paque Plus according to established laboratory procedures.
- Scans laboratory requisitions into the Orchard Harvest LIS.
- Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems OR design relatively complex systems and programs.
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area.
Laboratory Technicians must meet one of the following education requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences AND completion of a medical laboratory technologist training program or
- A baccalaureate degree, MLT/CLT certification, 3 years of full time clinical laboratory work experience and completion of science coursework equivalent to that required in a laboratory science education program or
- A baccalaureate degree, completion of the 50 week military laboratory training program, 3 years of full time clinical laboratory work experience and completion of science coursework equivalent to that required in a laboratory science education program or
- A baccalaureate degree, 5 years of full time clinical laboratory work experience and completion of science coursework equivalent to that required in a laboratory science education program.
Must be eligible for or possess current registration/certification as a Medical Technologist – MT (i.e. ASCP or NCA).
Must be eligible for or possess an active TN license as a Medical Technologist.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work.
Pay Range: $23.00-29.00/hr; based on experience
- Assembler III in Hudson NH
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Payroll Administrator in Merrimack NH
- Sr Buyer in Bloomington MN
- Manufacturing Test Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Controls Engineer in Newnan GA
- Purchaser in Duluth GA
- Quality Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- QA Tech in Doraville GA
- Test Tech in Acton MA
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- CNC Machinist in Middleboro MA
- CAD Designer in McBee SC
- Industrial Engineer in McBee SC
- Helper in Doraville GA
- Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Design -Drafter in Concord NH
- buyer -Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Quality Assurance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Marketing Program Manager III in Lowell MA
- Engineering Technician in Concord NH
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Welder in Acton MA
- Assembler in Derry NH
- Manufacturing Project Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Forklift - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Middleboro MA
- Stock Prep Position in Middleboro MA
- Assembler (1st Shift) in Middleboro MA
- Quality Assurance Inspector in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Associate Service Consultant in Memphis TN
- Quality Tech in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Milford MA
- Service Tech - Installer in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator-Beltline - Weekend Shift in Suwanee GA
- Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Timing Belt Fabrication 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Artisto Technician in Suwanee GA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Maintenance Technician in Hickory NC
- SMT Machine Operator in Milford NH
- Buyer-Planner in Merrimack NH
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic in Billerica MA
- Mechanical Inspector III in Waltham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Chaska MN
- Maintenance Manager in Atlanta GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor-Machining in Wilmington MA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Laboratory Assistant 1 in Memphis TN
- Medical Device Assembler in Minneapolis MN
- Expeditor in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Client Support Clerk - Temporary in Memphis TN
- Embedded Engineer in Watertown MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Customer Reception and Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Lab Technician in Suwanee GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- DMR Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Shipping and Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Test Operator in Westboro MA
- Warehouse - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate in Ashland MA
- Electrical Engineer in Ashland MA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN