QA Laboratory Engineer
QA Laboratory Engineer
Exciting QA Laboratory Engineer opportunity with global organization based in Milford, MA. This is a long-term contract opportunity where the individual will work under the Sr. Operations Quality Engineer and support the QA Lab. The QA Laboratory Engineer will participate in method development, run analytical methods (e.g. mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, liquid particle counting and air particle counting), analyze laboratory results, interpret data, and report conclusions.
This individual is responsible for supporting the company QA Laboratory by analyzing samples related to product testing, verification testing, and test method development/validation. This includes responsibility for day-to-day analysis, laboratory and instrument maintenance, and method development. Additional responsibilities will include supporting investigations of failure analysis and improvement activities related to product and process quality. This position is hands-on in a fast-paced environment which will interact with multiple functions (R&D, Machining Center, Engineering, Test Engineering, Reliability Engineering) and sites to resolve quality issues.
- Execute day-to-day product acceptance and release testing within the Quality Assurance Laboratory using mass spectrometry techniques, liquid chromatography, particle counting, and other instrumentation.
- Support development of test methods for cleaning validation and daily Quality Control testing.
- Support and monitor ongoing laboratory equipment, e.g. calibrations, preventive maintenance, supplies, and safety practices.
- Develop, modify, and maintain quality evaluation and control systems/protocols within the Quality Assurance Laboratory.
- Develop standard operating procedures, quality protocols, qualification documents (IQOQPQ), and lab test methods for product acceptance activities.
- Support various validation activities within the quality operations group.
- Bachelors Degree in Science (e.g. Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology), Engineering (e.g. Chemical, Materials, Environmental), or technical field with emphasis on laboratory and analytical skills.
- Laboratory experience within a Quality Control Laboratory
- Mass Spectrometry experience preferred
- Liquid Chromatography Experience preferred
- Willingness to learn and accept feedback to improve
- Excellent report writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in working within a regulated environment
- Experience using Waters Empower, MassLynx, and mass spectrometers preferred