6 month contract (potential temp to hire)
Under direct supervision, the Scientist is responsible for the experimental design, performance, and interpretation of experimental results in support of the company’s product development goals.
- Responsible for the conduct of experiments in accordance with the company’s Quality System and to regulatory standards to facilitate new product development and automation
- Ensures that lab work is completed to agreed timelines, communicating delays or issues to supervisor in timely manner
- May support the planning and timeline development for relevant product development projects
- Prioritizes lab and office workload to ensure key objectives are met on time
- Presents data at internal and external meetings as required
- Ensures that research plans, reports, and associated documentation are accurate, thorough, and clearly written.
- Ensures that data is analyzed thoroughly, and that conclusions in written reports reflect the data presented, and are of the highest quality
- When required, may operate as a scientist in support of running Company's Laboratories, ensuring that the Quality Management System, including ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003, CLIA and CAP, is adhered to at all times and in all aspects of the job
- Perform duties with/for other departments on an occasional basis to meet critical company objectives
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
- Work to Company Values at all times
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
- BS Degree in life sciences, MS a plus
- Experience with cell culture techniques expected
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry and PCR techniques a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of the diagnostic and pharmaceutical industries
- Familiarity with Quality System concepts and requirements including GMP and ISO
- Working knowledge of ELISA and ELISPOT a distinct advantage
- Expert at analyzing data
- Must be proficient in MS Office
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Minimal travel required.