Embedded Software Engineer
Responsibilities of Firmware Engineer:
- Research, design, develop and release/maintain micro-processor/micro-controller firmware for thermal analysis instruments.
- Lead and/or participate in the design of the embedded code for new or existing systems.
- Provide firmware support for new electro-mechanical prototypes as part of ongoing new product development efforts.
- Define, design and implement product features and systems capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance to other programmers and engineers.
- Develop test cases and test procedures, participate in testing and analysis at the system/sub-system level.
- Interface with representatives from other departments within the company.
- Perform research, concept development and proof of concept prototype for new instruments and instrument improvement projects.
Qualifications of Firmware Engineer:
- BS in Computer Science engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Embedded firmware experience utilizing modern RTOS tools, preferably Linux, QNX and WinCE.
- Experience with low-level embedded processing and hardware interface (device drivers, DSP). Experince with ARM Cortex A9 preferred.
- Strong C/C++ programming experience in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Assembly programming
- Must be familiar with RS232, CAN / USB and TCP/IP as communication protocols. CAN / USB driver development experience is a plus.