Help Desk Specialist
Help Desk Specialist:
Handle helpdesk service calls from local and remote end users via telephone, e-mail, and corporate ticketing system and serve as the escalation contact for troubleshooting. Conduct Tier II helpdesk support and provide users with technical assistance and customer services. Principal services handled by the Tier II – systems support are supporting the Business applications, MS Office Suite, Windows server and workstation OS, and printer support. Duties also include receiving hardware, imaging servers, scheduled server maintenance, and project support as directed. May be required to perform as a Tier I support analyst, when the need arises.
Responsibilities of the Help Desk Specialist:
- Tier II escalation troubleshooting for end user issues with Information Technology systems and services.
- Record, track, and document the Help Desk request problem-solving process (all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken; through to final resolution).
- Ensure timely escalation of problems to appropriate technical support or applications resources when problems cannot be resolved using available resources.
- Provide problem status and resolution information to end users and effective feedback to end user on unresolved issues.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization at the server and enterprise level.
- Accurately maintain hardware and inventory of workstations.
- Image, build and deploy workstation systems as required.
- Assist System Admin to ensure daily, weekly, monthly, yearly back-up is completed as required.
- Build and adhere to corporate SOP and change management pertaining to job responsibilities.
Requirements of the Help Desk Specialist:
- Associates degree or equivalent required.
- 5 years’ experience required working in the following areas:
Support Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 10
Support of Enterprise Antivirus and Malware software (Symantec preferred)
Support an MFC printing environment
Configure and troubleshoot desktop hardware (Dell/Lenovo preferred)
Standard Microsoft Office Suite software
Problem management system experience and expertise
Minimum 1 year of experience working in the following areas (preferred)
- Windows Server OS (2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016)
- MS Exchange Organization
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory, and IIS.
- Familiartiy and understanding of various protocols helpful such as TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, RADIUS, SMTP, LDAP, IPSEC, HTTP
- 2 years customer service experienced required.
- Must have excellent communications skills.