Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Our industry leading client in the Biotech field in Milford, Massachusetts is currently seeking an Embedded Software Test Engineer with strong Python skills for a 1+ year contract position.
In this role, the individual will join a dynamic and collaborative environment, encouraging cross team development between other software and test engineering groups. The engineer should be familiar with C++ and object oriented principles and have some industry experience working in the capacity as a test engineer.
Specifically, the individual will join our R&D organization which develops our Separations based Technologies and have the opportunity to contribute to the quality phases of design and implementation of our next-generation instrument control platform within the embedded software discipline.
- Collaborate with team members to design, implement and maintain integration and unit tests, using Python and C++, for use in next-generation frameworks / platforms.
- Collaborate with team members to design, implement and maintain integration and unit tests, using Python and C++, for use in next-generation product level applications. This work encompasses embedded device solutions involving networked real-time analytical instrumentation systems and their corresponding high-level, microservice oriented, control logic applications.
- Creating proof-of-concept tests, obtaining feedback, documenting approach and strategy for test designs.
- The candidate may be required to integrate with various teams and assist in writing automated tests while features are being developed across the different application domains and working with subject matter experts.
- Expected to assist in and respond to infrastructure, builds, and deployment needs in the area of automation and quality.
- A minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other similar BS degree.
- 2+ years’ experience in object oriented application development using Python (Version 3.x desired) or other programming language.
- Results oriented with the ability to work independently and self-manage.
- Strong OOP, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SOA design and development principles
- C++ development experience.
- Test Driven Development, Familiarity with agile methodologies, skills in behavior driven dev tools like Junit, NUnit, Lettuce, and Cucumber.